WAYS OF COMPRESSING ARTISTIC TEXT
The article deals with the problem of creating a compressed text. This problem is relevant, since the compressed text allows saving thought and finances, which is important in our time of rapid accumulation of information. The problems of compression of the text are investigated by K. Malchenko. B. Dyundik, N.G. Kalashnik and N.O. Getman and other linguists. But in the artistic text there is such a diverse range of means of its creation that it cannot be exhaustively described. Therefore, the purpose of this article is to analyze the most common means of compression of an artistic text. The successful use of various compression tools allows the author to create a compressed text that attracts the attention of the reader and performs its inherent function. At the analysis of texts at the stylistic level, it was traced that the most often the contraction is achieved through the ellipse. They also use metaphors, metonymy, similes, and means based on polysemy (zeugma, puns).
2. Кожина М. Н. О специфике художественной и научной речи в аспекте функциональной стилистики. Пермь, 1966.
3. Літературознавчий словник-довідник / Под ред. Гром’яка Р. Т. Київ: Академія, 1997. 748 с.
4. English 4U, #2 (26) January 2016. 18 pp.
5. English Learner’s Digest, #5 March 2016. 15 pp.
6. Galperin I. R. Stylistics. Moscow: Vyssaya Scola, 1981. 334 pp.
7. Horn Laurence. Economy and Redundancy in Dualistic Model of Natural Language// ttp://www.yale.edu/linguist/faculty/RTF_version_of_SKY_paper.rtf
8. Marlo Michael. Linguistic economy and evolution // http://www-personal.unich.edu/~mmarlo
9. Moeshler J. Economy and Pragmatic Optimality// http://www.isc.crns.fr/moeshler.htm
10. Schroeder M. Fractals, Chaos, Power Laws: Minutes from an Infinite Paradise. New York: Freeman, 1991. - Рp.33-38